The Bulk Man 3D WorkBee was originally designed by Ryan Lock of Ooznest UK, and it incorporates many upgrades. It is a super-strong, accurate and easy to assemble CNC machine.
The WorkBee CNC design has gone through different changes. WorkBee Version 1 originally had the leadscrews placed in compression. All Bulk Man 3D’s WorkBee kits now sold are Newest Version, with the major differences being the use of Tingle Tension System and longer leadscrews in the X and Y Axis. This helps to solve the problem of Whipping when for long length or faster Speed,which is very popular in CNC machine market.
Based on C-Beam, V-Slot, Xtreme Solid V-Wheels and TR8x8(P2) Leadscrews it is reliable. It has been carefully designed and can accurately cut foams, woods, plastics and aluminum to 0.1-0.2 mm accuracy or better.
The WorkBee CNC Machine is a 4 axis (3 + 1) machine, this means there are 3 physical axis (X,Y,Z) and a slave axis of Y which is called the A Axis. The WorkBee CNC Machine uses specific lengths of Extrusions and Leadscrews.
Advantage: This kit is the latest version comes with a new Tension System to minimise Lead Screw ‘Whip’ !
The 1.5kW Air, 1.5kW Water or 2.2kW Water Cooled Spindle Bundle contains all the hardware for mounting a the Spindle on your Work-Bee or other CNC machine.
The Cable Drag Chain bundle contains all the hardware for mounting Cable Drag Chains on your Work-Bee, Ox CNC or other CNC machine to help with cable management.
Our 6 CNC Controller Options are broken into 2 software categories： GRBL and Mach3/DrufelCNC.
- GRBL Software based controllers: xPRO V5, High Torque GRBL, MakerShield GRBL
- Mach3/Drufel CNC Software based controllers: UC300, NVUM, STB5100
These are the different software programs that are used to control the CNC Machine and send G-Code.
Our professional recommendation is the xPRO V5 CNC Controller which is the most advanced GRBL CNC Controller of its class in the world. It has 6A silent stepper drivers, WiFi and off-line options, and 4x faster than our other controllers.
Compatible Material for Cutting/Milling: Aluminium / Hard Wood / Soft Wood / Oak / Plexi Glass / Delrin / HDPE / Foam
|500 x 750mm
|300 x 520mm
|750 x 750mm
|550 x 520mm
|750 x 1000mm
|550 x 770mm
|1000 x 1000mm
|800 x 770mm
|1000 x 1500mm
|800 x 1270mm
|1500 x 1500mm
|1300 x 1270mm
- WorkBee CNC Mechanical Kit
- 4 x Nema23( 2.45N.m) Stepper Motors
- Cable Drag Chain Bundle
- Wiring Cable Kit
- Controller Bundle (Choose 1 of 6, Highly Recommend xPRO V5)
- Spindle Bundle (Choose 1 of 3)
- All Extrusions are M5 Tapped as where it is necessary
- MDF Working Table and Drill Bits are Not included with this kit.
- We do not provide technical support for software debugging.
- Mach3 License is not included with this kit. This License can be purchased directly from the official website.
- Any Mains power connections must be installed by a Licensed electrician or suitability qualified person.
- Max Cutting Depth = Z travel – Material Thickness
54mm Or 94mm Travel, 27mm Or 47mm Workable depth, with a 12mm spoilerboard. The spoilerboard supports have two height configurations, these are the maximums for each configuration.
Drive System- ACME Lead Screws Or GT3 Timing Belts
Linear Guides- Polycarbonate wheels on anodised C-Beam V-Slot Extrusion.
Motors- NEMA23 345oz Stepper Motors (X, Y & Z)
Accuracy- 0.05 – 0.10mm (Screw Driven) Or 0.10 – 0.20mm (Belt Driven)
Maximum recommended speed for Lead Screws 1000mm or greater is 400RPM.
All our components are designed to work and are fully compatible with the products produced by OpenBuilds.