This breakout board for TI’s DRV8825 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver features adjustable current limiting, over-current and over-temperature protection, and six microstep resolutions (down to 1/32-step). It operates from 8.2 V to 45 V and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (rated for up to 2.2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling). The driver has a pinout and interface that are nearly identical to those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers, so it can be used as a higher-performance drop-in replacement for those boards in many applications.
These drivers come with the headers already soldered – making them truly plug-and-play with any CNC Shield or RAMPS board. They also come complete with a small heatsink chip, with adhesive already attached.
For ideal performance the heatsink should be attached to the copper area on the bottom of the driver, and not on top of the driver IC.
Please note: Compared to A4988 stepper drivers, DRV8825 drivers sit ‘reversed’, with the potentiometer facing the opposite end of the socket – see the image with A4988 drivers for a comparison.
- Low RDS (ON) outputs
- Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
- Internal UVLO
- Mixed with slow current decay modes
- Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
- Crossover-current protection
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- 3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
- Ground Fault Circuit
- Load short-circuit protection
- Six microstepping modes: full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32
- 1 x High Current DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver
- 1 x Heat Sinks with thermal tape applied
Please note: We sell to businesses for bulk order quantity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special distribution pricing.