The Maker Shield is an all in one GRB1.1 solution for CNC control designed for use with the Arduino® Uno and Uno compatible controller boards. This shield features 4 embedded DRV8825 stepper motor drivers making configuring and setting up your system an easy plug and play exercise.
The cables on this Bundle are designed for machines of the following sizes:
- 500mm x 750mm
- 750mm x 750mm
- 750mm x 1000mm
- 1000mm x 1000mm
- 1000mm x 1500mm
- 1500mm x 1500mm
This controller bundle is fully compatible with the latest version of GRBL which is an excellent control software for our CNC machines.
The controller bundle contains all the electronic hardware required to run your machine and has been designed to be as intuitive and easy to install as possible.
Arduino UNO Compatible
- 14 digital input/output pins – 6 pins can be used as PWM outputs
- 6 analog inputs
- 16 MHz crystal oscillator
- Operates at 5V
- Recommended input voltage range: 7V to 12V
- Flash Memory: 32 KB (0.5KB used by bootloader)
- SRAM: 2KB
- EEPROM: 1KB
- Onboard Texas Instruments DRV8825PWPR stepper motor driver IC’s capable of up to 2.4A
- Can control up to 4 stepper motors
- Reverse polarity protection
- Onboard Micro Step up to 1/32 step
- 12-24V power input (24V recommended) (Perfect for adding external fans)
- Onboard auxiliary power output (up to 24V max)
- LED error indicators for each drive channel for easy troubleshooting
- Thicker tracks for higher current carrying capacity and excellent motor performance
- Arduino Uno compatible
- Output Voltage-Channel: 24V
- Output Power: 348 W
- Enclosed Case
- Input Voltage: 90 VAC to 132 VAC/180 VAC to 264 VAC, 240 VDC to 370 VDC
- Output Current-Channel: 14.6A
- Mounting Style: Chassis
- Length: 215 mm
- Width: 115 mm
- Height: 30 mm
- Input Frequency: 47 Hz to 63 Hz
- Unit Weight: 760 g
Electrical Cable and connectors
- 4 Core and 2 Core shielded cable for best performance and reduced EMI
- EDG 4 pin Connectors included
- 16 AWG for Power Supply to Maker Shield
- 2 core DC Cable for E-Stop
Limit Switch Kits
- 3 x Micro Limit Switch
- 3 x Limit Switch Plate
- 6 x M3 10mm Cap Head Screw
- 3 x M5 8mm Low Profile Screw
- 3 x M5 Drop-in Tee Nut
- NOTE: The holes in the switch will need to be opened a little (3mm drill bit) to allow for the M3 screw or alternatively you can use a M3 tap to cut a thread into the plastic.
- Max Current: 10A
- Max Voltage AC 660V
- Rated Load:
- AC: 220VAC/6A, 380VAC/4A, 660VAC/2A
- DC: 440VDC/0.3A, 220VDC/0.5A, 110VDC/1A
- TYPE: N/C
- Withstand Voltage: 2500V /60S
- Temperature: -25°~+55°
- Contact resistance: <25mΩ
Regarding our Shielded Cables:
- The 4 core and 2 core shielded cables by Bulk-Man 3D are cut in the proper length for customers convenience which meet the needs and multifunction of different size of our CNC Machine.
- This high quality 4 core cable has 2 layers of insulation and 2 shield layers to reduce signal interference and maximise efficiency.
- The four insulated wires are shielded by oxygen free tinned annealed copper wire braid with Aluminium/PET tape (100% coverage) to shield the cores from EMF interference.
- This is again insulated by a thick clear layer of thermoplastic sheath insulation. Suitable for applications requiring electrical/electronic screening of cable. 22AWG suitable for 300V DC and up to 80°C
Resources and Assembly Manuals
For your convenience, the Assembly Manual as well as the resources for making this bundle functional can be found at our resources page: HERE
- For your safety, we recommend to have all high voltage or mains voltage systems be wired in by a licensed electrician.
- Make sure to have the power turned off when adjusting your wiring.
- Do not disconnect the stepper motors while power is applied.