The ULTIMATE Bee is a solid and reliable CNC Machine, Featured by the HGR Linear Rails and SFS Series Quiet Transmission Ball Screws! It is our second CNC Machine based on the initial WorkBee design lineage, which is characterised by the use of C-Beam Extrusions and the rectangular-shaped Y-Plates. It is 100% fully self-developed, designed by BulkMan3D International R&D Team and copyrighted by BulkMan3D.
What’s Included In This Mechanical Kit:
- ULTIMATE Bee CNC Mechanical Kit
- Quiet Transmission High Precise SFS1210 Ball Screws and Nuts
- New Design Cable Drag Chain System
- Options: Extrusion Color
- Sleek Silver
- Industrial Black
- Options: Spindle Mount Kit
- Options: Stepper & Servo Motors
- 4Pcs x 2.45N.m High-Torque Nema23 Stepper Motors
- 1 Bundle Kit x 2.2N.m Closed-Loop Stepper Motor and Drivers
- 1 Bundle Kit x 3.0N.m Closed-Loop Stepper Motor and Drivers
- 1 Bundle Kit x 180W 3000RPM INSV57 Servo Motor – NEMA23 Compatible
ULTIMATE Bee Brief Introduction
Bulk-Man 3D is the largest wholesaler of Open Source CNC parts worldwide. By producing or sourcing parts directly from the factory, we eliminate the “middle man”, and in doing so, we can provide the best wholesale price direct to the public!
After many CNC owners and members of the community approached us requesting a linear rail solution for their machine at an affordable price, our technicians worked hard researching different options available and ways we can improve on existing designs. The result of the project was the QueenBee Pro CNC Machine.
Carrying on the tradition of community engagement, CNC owners and members wanted more, our technicians went back to the drawing board researching more improvements based on community input, the resulting machine is the ULTIMATE Bee CNC Machine.
The ULTIMATE Bee mainly distinguishes itself from the first design, the QueenBee PRO, by having Ball Screws as a transmission system instead of the traditional ACME Lead Screw. The Ball Screw has high-efficiency levels, delivering more torque to the motor when compared to an ACME Lead Screw used in the QueenBee PRO.
The ULTIMATE Bee is not only a machine capable of cutting through a wide diversity of materials. The ULTIMATE Bee CNC excels at Cutting and 3D Carving through plastics, foam, softwood, hardwood and even soft metal such as aluminium and brass.
Compatible Material for Cutting/Milling/Engraving: Aluminium / Hard Wood / Soft Wood / Oak / Plexi Glass / Delrin / HDPE / Foam and so on.
By using different : The ULTIMATE Bee can create intricate 3D carvings like wood artware, inlays, adverting logo, plaques, furniture, amazing art works and so much more. All the widely used applications can be achived here!
|Recommended Waste Board Dimensions(mm):|
‘ULTIMATE Bee’ Frame Design Features
After many hours of research and prototyping and also getting feedback from the community, we worked on creating the ULTIMATE Bee. The ULTIMATE Bee has many features over previous CNC designs and our team has once again brought an innovating machine to overperform others.
Some upgrades from the QueenBee PRO to the ULTIMATE Bee include
- Ball Nut Bracket Gaskets
Precision laser cut 1.5mm rubber gaskets are used on all Ball Nut mounting brackets to allow for easy alignment while maintaining a ridged and secure join to the gantry plates.
The Gasket aids in the building by compensating for any minor misalignment as well as acting to absorb vibrations during operation (essential in a more ridged drive system).
- Quiet Transmission SFS Series Ball Screw Drive System
There are many benefits in using Ball Screws, such as high efficiency and reversibility, backlash elimination, high stiffness, high lead accuracy, and many other advantages. Compared with the contact thread lead screws, a Ball Screw adds balls between the nut and screw. The sliding friction of the conventional screw is thus replaced by the rolling motion of the balls.
The ULTIMATE Bee drive system has been upgraded to SFS1210 and SFU1204 ball screws and ball nuts. The 10mm pitch SFS1210 is used on all axis giving a noticeable increase in speed while maintaining the ability to be accurate and with measurable repeatability greater than or equal to 0.01mm. Using the Spark-Concepts xPRO V5 the calculated resolution of the Y, A and X-axis of the ULTIMATE Bee is 0.00625mm at 1/8th micro-stepping.
The Z-axis SFU1204 Ball Screws have a 4mm pitch so the Z calculated resolution is 0.0025mm.
Thicker and bigger ball screws do not always mean a better drive system. After rigorous testing, it was found that ball screws larger than 12mm diameter will demand more torque from the motor to drive the system therefore decreasing machine performance. Ball screws with a 12mm diameter are the best choice for machine sizes within a 2000mm footprint and using a NEMA23 based drive system. Any concerns welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ball Screw Resolution vs Microstepping Table
|Micro Stepping||SFU1204 – 4mm Pitch||SFS1210 – 10mm Pitch|
By using an SFU1204 with 4mm pitch on the Z-Axis the system is able to maintain its position even while the motors are not energized – even with heavier 2.2kW water-cooled spindles! This simple choice means no more broken bits or spindles falling into stock when powering off.
- X-Axis Extrusion Revision
By adding a 4040 extrusion to the back of a C-Beam Extrusion, the X-Axis is braced with a stronger support.
- Diaphragm Couplers
We have introduced diaphragm couplers with the ULTIMATE Bee machines. One of the main benefits of using diaphragm couplers instead of standard flexible couplers is that there is significantly less backlash, as well as drastically increasing the resolution and repeatability of the system. Diaphragm couplers are also designed to have noise reduction and vibration compensation. The vibration compensation increases the lifespan of the mechanical hardware used on the transmission system.
- Plate Design
All plates have been completely redesigned to incorporate better cable management, mounting
sensors and switches, and allowing for more adaptive integrated applications.
All of the main plates are made with thick 10mm aluminium produced by High Precise CNC Laser cutting processing.
All surfaces where bearing carriages are mounted have been machined flat to provide a smooth surface for easy and accurate alignment.
- HGR Linear Rails
The Y and A Axis each utilise a single HGR15 linear rail with 2 x HGH15CA bearing carriages on the gantry plates. By using 2x HGR15 linear rails, one on the Y and one on the A-side, instead of 4, this reduces the complexity of assembly and rail alignments without compromise on the performance.
Each HGR bearing has a dynamic load rating of approximately 14kN (or approx. 1,400kg).
- What are Linear Rails and Bearings?
- Why use Linear Rails?
- Close Loop Stepper Motor & Stepper Driver
- Stepper Motor model: 57HSE3N
- Shaft Diamater: 8mm
- Step angle/phase: 1.8 Degree
- Hold torque: 3N.M
- Encoder cable: 5000mm
- Motor cable: 5000mm
- Rated voltage/current: 3.5A
- Outlet mode: single output shaft
- Rated speed: 1000 rpm (no-load speed: 2000 rpm)
- Outlet mode: two-phase four-wire (must be wired according to motor label)
- Suit for Controller: DDCS V3.1, UC300
- Stepper Driver Model: HBS57
- Maximum peak current: 5A
- Impulse response frequency: 200KHz
- Subdivision: 200~51200ppr
- Voltage: DC16-70VDC
- Pulse Signal: 3.3V/5V/24V compatible. No string resistor required
- Protective function: overvoltage, overcurrent, tracking error out of tolerance
- Signal input Compatible:5-24V signal (Don’t need a resistor)
- Control Way: 32 bit DSP Vector Closed Loop
- Advantage: Closed-loop vector control to ensure high-speed and high-torque output of the motor and no step to lose
- 57 Integrated Servo Motor
- Size: 52 x 76 x 148mm (2 x 3 x 5.8″)
- Input voltage: 20~50V DC (Typical Value 36V)
- Power: 180W
- Shaft Diameter: 8mm
- Torque: 0.6NM
- Rated Speed: 3000
- Impedance: 0.53±10%Ω
- Continuous output current: 6A
- Speed response frequency: 50KHz
- Peak torque: 1.71
- Maximum pulse frequency: 250K
- Default rate: 9.6Kbps (Required external conversion interface)
- Cooling mode: Natural cooling or forced air cooling
- Suit for Controller: DDCS V3.1, UC300
- Nema 23 Stepper Motor – High Torque
- Holding torque: 2.45N.m
- Rated voltage: 3.6V
- Rated current: 3A
- Step angle: 1.8°±5%
- Phase number: 2
- Insulation resistane: 100MΩ min.(500V DC)
- Insulation class: Class B
- Rotor inertia: 600g.cm2
- Resistance per phase: 1.2Ω±10%
- Inductance per phase: 4mH±20%
- Detent torque: 90mN.m
- Suit for Controller: CNC xPROV5, UC300, High Current GRBL etc.
“V-Slot” and ” C-Beam” are registered trademarks of OpenBuilds LLC as released under the Creative Commons Licence “Attribution-ShareAlike”.
Became Our Partner
Bulk-Man 3D is the largest wholesaler of Open Source CNC parts worldwide. By producing or sourcing parts directly from the factory, we eliminate the “middle man”, and in doing so, we can provide the best wholesale price direct to the public! Contact email@example.com