This is the BULK-MAN 3D Kit of the Open Source Lead CNC Machine.
The Lead CNC Machine was originally designed by Mark Carew and the design is licensed under CC – Attribution – CC BY. It is a super strong, accurate and easy to assemble CNC machine.
- Based on C-Beam, V-Slot, Xtreme Solid V-Wheels and TR8x8(P2) Leadscrews it is strong, accurate and reliable.
- It has been designed to accurately cut foams, woods, plastics and aluminium to 0.05-0.10mm accuracy or better.
- Functional engineering parts, toys, signs or anything else that can be imagined, can be made on the Lead CNC Machine.
- The BULK-MAN 3D Kit has a couple of small differences from the design published by Mark Carew. Most notably are the use of Black Corner Connectors in place of Cast Brackets in order to increase rigidity.
The LEAD CNC Full Kit is a self-assembly kit and comes with everything needed for building your CNC Machine. Other parts that are needed for you to perform your ‘first cut’ are:
- Power cord and
The 1.5kW Air, 1.5kW Water, 2.2KW Air or 2.2kW Water Cooled Spindle Bundle contains all the hardware for mounting a the Spindle on your Work-Bee or other CNC machine.
The Cable Drag Chain bundle contains all the hardware for mounting Cable Drag Chains on your Work-Bee, Ox CNC or other CNC machine to help with cable management.
Our 6 CNC Controller Options are broken into 2 software categories： GRBL and Mach3/DrufelCNC.
- GRBL Software based controllers: xPRO V5, High Torque GRBL, MakerShield GRBL
- Mach3/Drufel CNC Software based controllers: UC300, NVUM, STB5100
These are the different software programs that are used to control the CNC Machine and send G-Code.
Our professional recommendation is the xPRO V5 CNC Controller which is the most advanced GRBL CNC Controller of its class in the world. It has 6A silent stepper drivers, WiFi and off-line options, and 4x faster than our other controllers.
Compatible Material for Cutting/Milling/Engraving: Aluminium / Hard Wood / Soft Wood / Oak / Plexi Glass / Delrin / HDPE / Foam
- LEAD CNC Mechanical Kit
- 4 x Nema23( 2.45N.m) Stepper Motors
- Cable Drag Chain Bundle
- Wiring Cable Kit
- Controller Bundle (Choose 1 of 6, Highly Recommend xPRO V5)
- Spindle Bundle (Choose 1 of 3)
- All Extrusions are M5 Tapped as where it is necessary
- MDF Working Table and Drill Bits are Not included with this kit.
- We do not provide technical support for software debugging.
- Mach3 License is not included with this kit. This License can be purchased directly from the official website.
- Any Mains power connections must be installed by a Licensed electrician or suitability qualified person.
Maximum recommended speed for Lead Screws 1000mm or greater is 400RPM.
” V-Slot ” and ” C-Beam ” are registered trademarks of OpenBuilds LLC as released under the Creative Commons Licence “Attribution-ShareAlike”
All our components are designed to work and are fully compatible with the products produced by OpenBuilds.
“WorkBee” is a registered trademark of Ooznest Ltd and released under the Creative Commons Licence Attribution-ShareAlike”.<